Raised so far
Meet our Ambassador, Michala Banas
We’re excited to introduce our Kidney Health Australia Ambassador for the Red Socks Appeal, Michala Banas.
At the age of 6, Michala had most of her left kidney removed in a life-saving operation. She was born with a duplicated ureter (the tube from the kidney to the bladder), that wasn’t discovered until her body had nearly poisoned itself to death.
“Kidney health is something I absolutely don’t take for granted,” said Michala.
Michala is keen to shine a light on kidney disease and is urging Australians to support the Red Socks Appeal in October.
There are many ways to show you care
Red Socks Walk
Join a walk in Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide. Join or host a community walk in your local area.
Red Socks Challenge
Go on a challenge of your own and become a Sockstar to show you care.
Buy Red Socks
Buy a pair of Kidney Health Red Socks and proudly show you care this October.
Search for a Sockstar and donate to their page to help them reach their fundraising goal!
What do Red Socks have to do with kidney disease?
People on dialysis are strapped to a machine for 60 hours a month on average while it cleans their blood. While having dialysis treatment they often get cold, especially their feet. This is why we’re asking you to go bold this October and wear Red Socks to show people living with kidney disease that you care.
Red Socks Walks
Red Socks Challenge
- Emma Murphy just donated $50
- Michelle McConnell just donated $44.40
- Elli Langdon just donated $84.40
- Kim Long just donated $31.65
- Sarah Marsh just donated $21.10
- Donna Powell just donated $26.38
- carleen chandler just donated $52.75
- Myles Campbell just donated $50
- Sophie Laird just donated $52.75
- Teena Lawson just donated $36.93
- Dannielle Hanns just donated $86.60
- Sharon Mcnaught just donated $54.95
- Kate Carroll just donated $30
- Hales Tierney just donated $21.10
- Georgia W just donated $21.10
- Sam Thorpe just donated $35
- Cameron Golding just donated $31.65
- Nicole Lepir just donated $38.02
- Julie Jessup just donated $52.75
- Lee Chaplin just donated $39.12