Raised so far
Meet our Ambassador, Michala Banas
We’re excited to introduce our Kidney Health Australia Ambassador for the Red Socks Appeal, Michala Banas.
At the age of 6, Michala had most of her left kidney removed in a life-saving operation. She was born with a duplicated ureter (the tube from the kidney to the bladder), that wasn’t discovered until her body had nearly poisoned itself to death.
“Kidney health is something I absolutely don’t take for granted,” said Michala.
Michala is keen to shine a light on kidney disease and is urging Australians to support the Red Socks Appeal in October.
There are many ways to show you care
Red Socks Walk
Join a walk in Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide. Join or host a community walk in your local area.
Red Socks Challenge
Go on a challenge of your own and become a Sockstar to show you care.
Buy Red Socks
Buy a pair of Kidney Health Red Socks and proudly show you care this October.
Search for a Sockstar and donate to their page to help them reach their fundraising goal!
What do Red Socks have to do with kidney disease?
People on dialysis are strapped to a machine for 60 hours a month on average while it cleans their blood. While having dialysis treatment they often get cold, especially their feet. This is why we’re asking you to go bold this October and wear Red Socks to show people living with kidney disease that you care.
Red Socks Walks
Red Socks Challenge
- Julie Shortland just donated $20.88
- Sara just donated $12.53
- Teddles and Sarah just donated $20.88
- Michelle and karlisle just donated $104.40
- Steph Keogh just donated $10.44
- Bee just donated $52.20
- Daniel Arcuri just donated $36.54
- Selvican Alakoc just donated $36.54
- Maryborough Dialysis Unit just donated $10.44
- Diana Torello just donated $20.88
- Michelle Batchelor just donated $20
- David Gollan just donated $100
- Lauren Cott just donated $10.44
- Tannum sands state high school Baddiley just donated $54.29
- Joseph just donated $261
- Liberty Service station Sarina just donated $40
- Hastings Deering warehouse crew just donated $280
- Mary Hoban just donated $50
- Meleri H jones just donated $20.88
- Harry Moore just donated $20